2018 College Scholarship Information
College Scholarship Origination
The Shiloh Baptist Church College Scholarship was established to help its members, who are graduating high school seniors, continue their education by attending a four- or two-year institution of higher learning, or vocational, technical, or trade school. Over the past years, these scholarships have provided financial assistance to students pursuing careers at accredited schools nationwide. This year students will be awarded book stipend scholarships to offset the rising costs of collegiate textbooks. The funds will be divided evenly over the fall and spring semesters.
Selection of scholarships for students are based on the prescribed criteria:
- Church membership
- Graduating high school senior
- Acceptance letter from a four- or two-year institution of higher learning, or vocational, technical, or trade school
- Submit an essay of 300 words or less describing the impact of your Christian Experience and how it will help you meet your personal goals
- Commitment to participate in the SBC College Ministry.
Applications for the 2018 round of scholarships are due by June 10, 2018.
Who Should Apply?
Graduating High School School Seniors
All applicants for scholarship awards must meet the following criteria
- Be a member of Shiloh Baptist Church (active member within the last 4 years)
- Present a letter of acceptance from an accredited four or two-year institution of higher learning, vocational, technical, or trade school for Fall Semester 2018.
- Complete the Application Form.
- Present your confirmed scheduled appointment with the college ministry to create your college profiles.
- Submit an essay (300 words or less) describing the impact of your Christian Experience and how it will help you to meet your personal goals. Essays should be submitted to Connie Johnson. In the subject area type Scholarship Essay.
- The completed application package must be submitted by Sunday, June 10, 2018.
Become an active member of the College Ministry at Shiloh Baptist Church.
- Complete a College Profile Information Form and submit along with your 2018 Scholarship Application and Essay.
- Commit to a freshman year of debriefing with the Leader of the College Ministry Team and panel of last year’s scholarship recipients. (TBD June/July).
- Commit to participate in the College Ministry’s freshman debrief in 2019 to pay it forward and prepare the upcoming graduating class for their transition to life after High School.
- Participate in the College Ministry events.
** In order to receive the remaining funds for this scholarship, recipients are required to provide proof of enrollment (class schedule)from an accredited four or two-year institution of higher learning, vocational, technical, or trade school by December 11, 2018. This notice should clearly display the name of the institution, your name, and the scheduled courses. Upon verification, the scholarship award will be mailed to your permanent address or directly to the institution for Spring Semester 2019.
For additional information, please contact Connie Johnson.